COVID-19 and Pregnancy - An Update for our Patients
We would like to take this opportunity to update you about your maternity care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and assure you that our dedicated team of expert nurses, physicians and midwives are committed to providing the safest and most effective care.
A child's birth is a memorable time that new parents might want to share quietly together. Or, they might choose to gather loved ones around in joyful celebration. At Cache Valley Hospital, we understand that expectant women want options. That’s why we support their choices and do our best to honor their individual birth plans. It’s the perfect place to welcome little ones into the family!
One-on-one nursing care
At our Women’s Center, new mothers can expect one-on-one nursing care when they deliver their babies in one of our comfortable, home-like birthing suites. They will remain in the same private room during labor and recovery, with the option of having their newborns by their bedside or in the nursery while they rest.
Our knowledgeable nurses partner with local obstetricians to make sure that new moms get the personal, care they deserve. Women can also count on our experienced nurses to support labor partners and family members, and provide gentle care for their newborns too!
We believe in treating childbirth as wellness - not illness. Here are some other highlights of the birthing experience at Cache Valley Hospital:
- Supportive care and personalized encouragement during the childbirth experience
- New moms can choose to include spouses, labor partners and other family members
- Support for natural childbirth methods such as hypnobirthing and the Bradley Method®
- Pain control options include epidurals provided by specially trained anesthesiologists 24/7
- Onsite surgical suites for cesarean deliveries if necessary
- Celebratory lunch or dinner with your labor partner
- Dads or another support person may "room in" and rest in a pull-out bed
- Visiting hours allow family and guests time to to ooh-and-ahh over the newborn
- Breastfeeding education and assistance
- Our infant security system protects babies throughout their hospital stay
The six spacious birthing suites at Cache Valley Hospital are specifically designed to enhance the birthing experience, support individual birth plans, and enable the creation of lifelong memories. They feature many of the comforts of home including the following
- Jetted tub available during labor
- State-of-the-art technologies, nonintrusive but at-hand if needed
- iPod docking station and Blu-ray player
- Flat-screen television
- Glider rockers
- Photo session with newborn
- Handcrafted footprint keepsake
- Complimentary diaper bag
Chances are life keeps your pretty busy. Save yourself some time and energy by creating a MyHealthOne account. You'll be able to access your family's health records, schedule appointments and get important medical information, all in the same place.
Need more information about delivering at Cache Valley Hospital?Call (435) 713-1371