Here are some highlights of the advanced digital imaging technologies available at Cache Valley Hospital:
- Ultrasound: utilizes high-frequency sound waves to display moving, images of the inside of the body on a monitor.
- Digital Mammography: usually takes less time than traditional film-based exams, and there is a lower radiation dose required to produce images.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): can reveal medical conditions that are not easily diagnosed through an X-ray, ultrasound or computed tomography (CT) scan.
- Fluoroscopy: obtains real-time, moving images of a patient's internal structures that can be recorded and played on a display monitor.
- 16-Slice CT Scanner: faster procedure that decreases patient exposure to radiation and provides high-quality digital images of any organ and blood vessels in a few seconds.