Arabindra B Katwal, MDCardiovascular Disease
He has broad-based clinical interests, which include evaluation and management of patients with acute myocardial infarction, complex coronary and peripheral vascular disease, abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA), and structural/valvular heart diseases like patent foramen ovale (PFO), atrial septal defect (ASD), severe aortic stenosis (AS) and mitral regurgitation (MR).
Dr. Katwal was born and raised in the beautiful Himalayan country of Nepal. After his mother's complete recovery following a coma-inducing head injury in a motor vehicle accident, inspired by the care of the doctors and nurses, he decided to pursue medicine himself.
When not working, Dr. Katwal likes to play guitar, although he laughingly admits being stuck at the same beginner's level for the last two decades. He also loves hiking and is very excited to explore the surrounding areas of the Salt Lake valley.
Dr. Katwal believes in a comprehensive, heart team-based, holistic care of patients which starts with patient education. He believes in taking care of the person as a whole, and not just treating the disease. Dr. Katwal's guiding principal is to treat each patient as if they were his family.
- Cardiovascular Disease - Primary
- Interventional Cardiology - Board Certified
- Fellowship: University of Virginia
- Fellowship: Loyola University Medical Center and Edward Hines Jr. VA Medical Center
- Residency: Palmetto Health-University of South Carolina
- Graduate Degree: B. P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences
- Ogden Regional Medical Center
- Cache Valley Hospital