Nine months in the making, the new, 9,000 square foot Women’s Center at Cache Valley Hospital is now complete. A team of experienced maternity care specialists will start delivering babies on March 01, 2017 in spacious birthing suites. Each of the six suites is 400 square feet in size and features deluxe accommodations for expecting moms and dads – and their newborns too.
The birthing suites at the Women’s Center are specifically designed to enhance childbirth experiences and enable the creation of lifelong memories. Women can expect personal, one-on-one nursing care while they labor and deliver their babies. Then, every new mother will recover in the same comfortable room with their baby at their side. As another option for mom, a special care nursery is close-by.
“It’s been nine months since we broke ground for our new Women’s Center and now we’re ready to deliver – literally,” said John Worley, CEO at Cache Valley Hospital. “We’re excited to enable memorable childbirth experiences that are unique in this area and better meet the needs of young families in our growing community.”
Here are some of the highlights of the birthing experience at Cache Valley Hospital:
- Personalized nursing care and encouragement during the childbirth experience
- New moms can choose to include spouses, labor partners and other family members
- Support for individual birth plans and childbirth methods of choice such as the Bradley Method®
- Pain control options include epidurals provided by specially trained anesthesiologists 24/7
- Onsite surgical suites for cesarean deliveries if necessary
- State-of-the-art medical equipment and technologies, nonintrusive but at-hand if needed
- Special care nursery where knowledgeable nurses provide top quality care to newborns, including those born as early as 32 weeks gestation
“Women will benefit from one-on-one nursing care as they bring their babies into the world – and then as they rest and recover in the same comfortable, private room,” said Christie Gaz, director of women’s services at Cache Valley Hospital. “We understand that expectant women want options. We’ll support their choices and honor their individual birth plans.”
The spacious birthing suites feature many of the comforts of home including the following:
- Jetted tub available during labor
- Dad or another support person may "room in"
- Pull-out beds for spouses, labor partners or another family member
- Celebratory catered lunch or dinner for two
- Visiting hours allow family members and guests time to visit with the newest addition
- Glider rockers where new mothers can relax and get to know their little ones
- iPod docking station and Blu-ray player
- Flat-screen television
After their little ones arrive, new parents can relax knowing their baby is being pampered and well cared-for by our expert team of caregivers. Our infant security system protects newborns throughout their hospital stay too.